Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Have some feedback and input to share?
Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make our site better and more user friendly for our guests and members a like.

TOPIC:

Opiate withdrawal and kratom thoughts 5 months 4 weeks ago #50252

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4421
hey krapiate!

glad to have you here. I love hearing all different stories on how kratom saved someone.

im a little different than most stories. found out the hard way more than once im intolerant to traditional pain pills. sends me straight to the toilet. the only thing that I could stomach and keep down was tramadol. which for some reason now is classified as an opiate. like anyone is looking for them on the street lol..

then I started in a clinical trial for osteoarthritis. and for 6 mo I was great. getting a shot once a month. then that ended, couldn't take nsaids, cant take tramadol every day, and I went the natural way out of necessity.

then kratom changed my life. oh and got my husband off of subs forever.. that's how we heard of it.

there are many other herbals some of us use to stack with kratom. feel free to ask about akuamms, Incarvillea, corydalis, skullcap.. so many things that can help with pain. anyways im rambling. happy to have ya!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Opiate withdrawal and kratom thoughts 5 months 4 weeks ago #50243

• Krapiate 96
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
First off, Kratom probably saved my life as 8 years ago I was so close to giving up. I came across this plant -on my computer and was very sceptical of the reviews I had read about it. I decided I had nothing to lose as all my hookups including 2 doctors were gone. I was on every strong opiate at one time or another for 20 years. Anyway I ordered Kratom overnight and just as the withdrawals were getting real bad my package came and I took like 10 maeng da green vein. About 20-30 minutes in I was feeling better and even though I still went through some withdrawal it was by far the easiest to get through. Kratom really did work. I 've been using it everyday since and havn't touched an opiate. I take up to 1-3 ounces a day now and thats been my dosage for the last several years. It helps the pain I have in my back and neck. I tried to stop using it a couple times and I was unable to. I started getting muscle aches and all the other symptoms of opiate withdrawal. So I took a large handful and was fine in 30-40 minutes. I have been wondering if anyone else is going through this. I know you cant o.d. on Kratom as it does not slow down your breathing. It's a plant but it's a plant I have been able to have everyday. I dont fear running out because I can buy it online whenever I need it. Obviously couldn't do that with roxys or oxys or any prescription opiate. So I'm scared to death it becomes banned since the FDA seems like this is their only agenda .My question is; would I or someone else reading this have ever switched to kratom if we were able to have a constant supply(not have to worry about running out) of hydrocodone, oxycodone, morphine etc.. etc...??
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373

Opiate withdrawal and kratom thoughts 1 year 11 months ago #32329

• freddieflins
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
This is by no means medical advice , this is merely my experience with Kratom. I have Crohns/ulcerative colitis and a few issues i have related are spasming colon, diarrhea and a fistula which apparently is common with this disease. There is also considerable pain associated with the disease and the fistula, my assumption is that mother nature puts the fistula in place just in case the pain from the actual disease is not sufficient. Well, Mother nature , for future reference the pain from the disease is really quite sufficient.
But i digress, the point i'm labouring to make is that the Kratom takes care of every issue i have related to the disease. It slows the motility which helps with the discomfort and the fistula. It also takes the pain away.
Now, I've never used it whilst the disease is full blown but for my disease maintenance it works great. The advice i am comfortable giving is this, for those people considering using Kratom , research the hell out of it. There is only anecdotal information at this point and there are some very scary stories out there relating to people who've used Kratom. So do all the research ans make an informed choice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, bomalley

Opiate withdrawal and kratom thoughts 2 years 2 weeks ago #31489

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3793
you are right on all counts.

While there is lots of research on mitragynine, what we do not have is research on "best practice" ie how much, how often, for what conditions etc.. This is mostly because it is not legal for human consumption in many jurisdictions.

What we do have is our own experiences, however, there are many, many factors that affect individual responses and we do not know what those are. Surely previous opiate experience is one important factor since opiate users tend to need higher doses.

I suspect gastrointestinal health is another factor...those with sensitive intestines can also have difficult experiences.

As far as my own experience I did suffer nausea, itching and headaches at the start. BUT with improved hydration and continued use that all went away.

As I searched for my personal "dose" and responses to various strains, I also had some episodes with my head in the toilet bowl, but in the end it all worked out well for me.

Having a safe supply is now my main concern, and so I stick with vendors that I trust and have had good experience with.
BEV

"Fewer faces and more spaces"

The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Last edit: by bomalley.

Opiate withdrawal and kratom thoughts 2 years 2 weeks ago #31487

• freddieflins
  • Fresh Boarder
This is exactly why this plant needs to be studied. Everyones body chemistry is different , what makes person A feel great might kill person B, assuming of course what they took was pure unadulterated product.
I'm quite sure that if some pharmaceutical manufacturer somewhere realizes the potentiality of Kratom studies will get done, regulations and guidelines will be set forth. Until then, we are , as stated , at the mercy of the hands that Kratom goes through to get to us as well at the mercy of having to self medicate through trial and error. A scary thought to be sure.
It's really something that plants have been put on this earth that can help humans yet billions of dollars are spent and made on synthetic drugs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Ripley78

Opiate withdrawal and kratom thoughts 2 years 2 weeks ago #31484

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4051

An issue when dealing with substances such as Kratom is that the person taking the substance is at the mercy of the people who produce it at the farm and however many other hands touch it before it's sold and finally ingested. There are no guidelines no checks and balances.

Which is why the AKA is working to establish launch of the AKA GMP Standards Program.
www.americankratom.org/gmp-registration
Some vendors already practice these standards.

Will it address your concerns about safety of the product and the appropriate checks and balances are made. I do not know.

I buy other botanicals I tend to shop only from vendors that are also botanical suppliers, I have to depend they source from reputable sources. I take incarvillea sinensis, a commonly used Chinese medicinal plant but so little information on dosing and side effects. I am on my own basically. Its very helpful for my arthritis.

I have not had an adverse reaction to Red Borneo. I found it relaxing and pain relieving.

I only had one adverse experience for a sample strain called Red Dragon. I had awful headaches and generally felt unwell. I threw it away I will not buy from this vendor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Opiate withdrawal and kratom thoughts 2 years 2 weeks ago #31477

• Dostie
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
You make a good point, I keep forgetting there are other colors, strains, etc. I can only speak of using green maeng da.

Opiate withdrawal and kratom thoughts 2 years 2 weeks ago #31476

• freddieflins
  • Fresh Boarder
Agree.
My experience with red borneo felt as though i'd taken heroin cut with some really nasty stuff. I was up for two days and had a massive headache. It was not at all a pleasant experience.
An issue when dealing with substances such as Kratom is that the person taking the substance is at the mercy of the people who produce it at the farm and however many other hands touch it before it's sold and finally ingested. There are no guidelines no checks and balances.
I'm hoping that this is an open discussion even if seemingly dissenting opinions or thoughts are offered.
More specifically, has anyone had similar experiences with red borneo or other strains of Kratom. My objective is not to knock Kratom only to get as much subjective information as possible to make a relatively informed decision.Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Dostie

Opiate withdrawal and kratom thoughts 2 years 2 weeks ago #31475

• Dostie
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
I went from zero kratom one day to 5 gram doses the next and didn’t feel weird at all. However I do feel being on any opiate for an extended period of time raises your kratom tolerance. I think for someone to get hurt by kratom they would have to be allergic to it, take a ridiculous amount or mix it with something.

Opiate withdrawal and kratom thoughts 2 years 2 weeks ago #31474

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9069
This is a WIDE OPEN question. Every possible itch or illness of any sort have been blamed on kratom at some point. We never hear of these issues being resolved, much less HOW they were resolved.
Laurie

Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds