Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Have some feedback and input to share?
Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make our site better and more user friendly for our guests and members a like.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New user here 6 months 1 week ago #49824

• jayisk
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 625
I weaned off Gaba which i was on for a long time. Felt like crap during it. Took my kratom as usually and it wasnt an issue.
Some people feel nothing coming off Gaba. Google Gaba withdrawal and read up on it. From actual people that took it not BS wedmd info.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Robie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New user here 6 months 1 week ago #49823

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1976
Welcome to the ILK community/family !

Some great advice given by some wise and experienced members ,

Doctors wanted to put me on Gabapentin, I already had discovered kratom which led me to getting off my anxiety and depression meds , so effective for my ailments , I’ve been moving forward in life in a way I never thought possible.

Great that you found this rich resource of first hand accounts taking kratom and a list of stellar and vetted vendors.

Take good care

Brandon
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Robie

New user here 6 months 1 week ago #49817

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4409
hey jbenge!!

glad to have you here. glad you found us. I don't have any personal advice on weening off scripts but my husband got off suboxone thanks to kratom.

as always, nan is spot on. I do recommend not starting with capsules, its harder to pinpoint how well the dose is working, and will take a bit to dissolve and figure out its an effective dose. dumping 2-3g of powder in OJ or grapefruit juice, or chocolate milk is a great start. or toss and wash. ( watch you tube if needed or I can try to describe it )

but if capsules is all you have, yes 6 might be best, and yes poke holes. I do recommend buying from a trusted source like in sense botanicals, lucky herbals, christophers organic botanicals ( they have their red maeng da on sale right now- that might be perfect for you ) in sense you can get 3oz of organic leaf for 17 bucks! but your average dosing time is every 4-6 hours. if you have a naturally higher tolerance you may need a touch more.

most of us use kratom to deal with daily pain. I have osteoarthritis and when I do work, im on my feet all day. akuamma helps with pain too.

please don't be afraid to ask us any questions. stay hydrated. eat well ( which effects kratom a great deal ) and have vitamins/ minerals on hand. and above all stay safe!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Robie, Babel-17, CanadianTW, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

New user here 6 months 1 week ago #49814

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4048
Hello Jbenge welcome to the forum, Its a bit slow some have plenty of nothing to get too, nothing I find is very time consuming, Hope you are well.

I do not have personal experience tapering gaba. I think a few members here do hopefully they will find this post and give suggestions soon. (I take kratom for spinal arthritis)
Dosing kratom is subjective to body chemistry, past and present prescription medicines, digestion health. 2 grams is an average dose. Some will take 1 gram up to 8 grams in one dose.
Accidental overdosing results in nausea, vomiting. Kratom has a ceiling effect once you hit that ceiling the worst is extreme vomiting.
You will need to start tapering gaba since I don't have experience I will not recommend a course of action but will try to provide some links.
Capsule are expensive, you might look into buying powder and look for suggestion for trusted vendors here so you can feel more confident you received quality kratom. If you have to take capsules let me know I will give you a list of vendor that meet quality and price. Sometimes you will need to poke holes in the capsule to help them absorb better but I feel your dose for being on gab is a little low. 4 caps is 2 grams you want to try 3 grams next dose then 6 caps. I switched to powder I measure my dose with a scale and take in a glass of water. Reds strains are usually recommend to try first.
anyway here are some link that hopefuly can help. (if will search for more, and try to link more stuff later)

www.ilovekratom.com/kratom-news-blog/the-easiest-w...addiction-to-opiates

www.ilovekratom.com/forum/introduce-yourself/9268-...oducing-myself#48962
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Robie, Babel-17, CanadianTW, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

New user here 6 months 1 week ago #49811

• Jbenge156
  • Jbenge156's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
I been taking Kratom powder for about 2 weeks. I just got my shipment of capsules in. I am wondering what is a good dose to start out with. I took 4 capsules this morning 500mg each 2x greenmaeng da & 2x white Borneo’s.. didn’t feel anything at all.. my question is when I take my next dose how many should i take? 4- or more than 4? I read about the dangers of accidental overdosing and I’m not trying to do that. I am taking Kratom to get off gabapentin. My doctor insist on me taking it but I don’t want to take it any longer. It’s doing more harm than good to my body. I also am taking Kratom for pain, as i have a chronic disease. Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Robie, Babel-17, CanadianTW, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds