Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
For those who are new to Kratom, or even those who are aficionados we've started this category off with our own Kratom User's Guide for 2015 which covers some of the more commonly asked questions and answers about Kratom, its origins, its effects, dosages and more.

TOPIC:

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 9 months 1 week ago #47301

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4409
hey I just said hi on the other thread..

I don't have any experience much with traditional pain meds. intolerant to them.

my husband got off subs successfully thanks to kratom. that's how we found out about it. he did have a good tolerance and he is a bigger dude so his doses were bigger and more in the beginning.

and that was even after tapering off subs and trying to quit. but kratom was the only thing that made it work. we both use it for pain management. taken almost daily for a year now. we both take breaks and are fine.

im on a full break right now taking just stem and vein and other herbals. akuamma helps me a great deal during the day. corydalis and skullcap help me sleep and help with pain at night. in sense/ gold leaf has all and they are a great bang/ buck for all. and ive tried many vendors.

not drinking and taking kratom will help you shed the weight. ive lost my quitting smoking weight and have a little to go, but ingesting lots of fiber fills! and I personally choose kratom over alcohol, for me personally no Bueno together.

I hope this helps and you are doing great. if you aren't getting any pain relief I recommend the other herbals and/ or bumping up your dose just a bit. like a half gram. also, Monday is a holiday so make sure you have plenty of kratom that's needed on hand. running out sucks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 9 months 1 week ago #47297

• zauriel
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Hello and thanks for your insight, Somethingsacred! Your norco withdrawal must have been a monster!!!

I have decided to continue the kratom another 2 weeks then taper off to see what happens. So far it hasn't helped with pain management or mood stabilization - only sleep. But to me that is enough. I am trying to lose 50 pounds and I quit alcohol at the same time I quit the norco.

I hope other members share their thoughts and experience with me as well.

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 9 months 1 week ago #47296

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Visitor
Hi Zuariel, Nice to meet you!

My understanding is that they both affect the same receptors .... pain pills/ narcotics hitting them way harder ... where kratom just kind of rests on them versus anchoring down .... I haven’t swapped out pain killers for kratom .. though I took norocs 10mg 4-5x a day for over two years ... I stopped cold turkey without the knowledge of kratom...

I think your still going through Norco wd, and that kratom has been helping with the symptoms... when stopping abruptly taking kratom , you feel those symptoms ... also you feel the pain that the meds were covering up..! I’d take kratom a bit longer .. and taper off of that if that’s the goal ..
Me personally ... I have no intention of stopping ... I have chronic pain and the depression and anxiety that came with it ... kratom Helps me better than any pain meds/depression meds/anxiety meds ever did… But that’s me and my choice in the matter… If you want to get off a regimen of taking Kratom… I would continue to take it for a little bit longer until you know the opiates are out of your system and then start a taper with kratom...You can even substitute Kratom with some stem in vein to help with the process… Keep in mind this is just my experience and my understanding of it and others I hope will chime in to add more to this… But congratulations on stopping pain meds, I know how hard that can be… Kratom can definitely help you as you found out, and tapering off of that is much easier than the meds in my opinion and understanding!

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 9 months 1 week ago #47295

• zauriel
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
I figure I'll share my story. I was taking norcos for close to a year. Between 10-30mg per day with 15 on average. I know that's not ridiculous but I was still ready to quit again. Yep, again. I tapered starting at 15mg per day for a week, then reduced to 12.5, then 10...essentially 25% each week. New Years Eve was the final dose. I began kratom on January 1. Red Borneo until that was gone then tried Red Maeng Da. I had no withdrawal symptoms at all!!! I've tapered before before I knew about kratom and my only symptoms were insomnia and violent restless legs. But with kratom, I've slept better than I have in 10 years. A few days ago I figured the opioid withdrawal period would be over and I didn't take kratom that day. Well, as you may suspect, that was an error. I had bad restless legs for a few hours before I decided to dose a little kratom.

So here's my question - is the kratom just replacing the opioids in the brain receptors and when I stop kratom the withdrawal will return? Or must I now taper off kratom?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 1 year 7 months ago #36011

• jayisk
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 625
Yes, Alcohol and Benzos are the 2 drugs that can kill you while going through withdrawals.
Benzos are a horrible detox..,worse then opiates. Longer half life that you will be suffering for.
And unlike with opiates.,subs and methadone dont work for benzos.
Only thing to really try to do is slowly wean off. if using Xanax they will put you on Valium instead and taper down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 1 year 7 months ago #36003

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9057
THANK YOU SO MUCH for the comment.

I was wrong.

My point still stands. The FEAR of withdrawal is overinflated in our minds.

But VERY IMPORTANT you bring up because that class of drugs is not given the weight of importance it deserves with regard to education. Your post should be a roadside banner. It’s VERY SERIOUS and in years less than a decade ago, benzodiazepines were often provided with zero information about the addiction potential and withdrawal is probably the most difficult of any - definitely in the top 3!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teeswaran

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 1 year 7 months ago #36000

• kratering
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 589
Laurie Said "Dehydration and choking on vomit is how people die. Not the actual withdrawal. Only alcohol is lethal if stopped suddenly."

With all respect, I have to make a correction. You said only Alcohol can cause death from withdrawals but

Benzos is more dangerous. One goes into convulsions and can die..
w-bad.org/deaths-from-cold-turkey/

americanaddictioncenters.org/withdrawal-timelines-...tments/risk-of-death
Benzodiazepine Withdrawal
Withdrawal from benzodiazepine drugs (benzos) can result in seizures, depending on how long and how heavily the drugs have been used. The risk of grand mal seizures from benzo withdrawal is higher than with alcohol withdrawal and can result in death.

Benzo withdrawal also has significant psychological symptoms that can be life-threatening. As evidenced by just one example in the British Journal of General Practice, these psychological symptoms can lead to thoughts of and attempts at suicide.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, bomalley

Last edit: by kratering.

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 1 year 9 months ago #34127

• KRA KRA
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 92

DeAnna wrote: I placed my order today. I'm wondering if I could be going about this wrong. I skipped my Suboxone today and don't intend on taking it again. Is it possible to go cold turkey from 8mg Suboxone? For a week or so I've only been taking it every other day. I really do not like this medication and I am desperate to get off of it. I've only been on it for two months, but prior to that I was on high doses of morphine. I know most are tapering their doses first, but has anyone gone cold turkey from subs to Kratom?

Hey I don't know where you are at in your journey 5 weeks later BUT I have my experience to add here.I went CT from Subutex, which is suboxone without the Naloxone. I was taking 16-24mg a day for 2 years! I stopped CT 7 days ago and picked up taking Kratom the very next morning and I've experienced almost NO withdrawal symptoms of ANY kind.

I generally take 3g White or Green in the morning
4g at lunch of white or green or a mix
5-6g around 4-5pm of Red Bali or Red Maeng Da

No dizziness, No RLS, No diarrhea, Very limited running sinuses.

Yes you should Taper but you do not HAVE TO. That is up to you and Kratom can and will help tremendously with the withdrawals that you would otherwise experiences when kicking suboxone. Suboxone DEF have withdrawls when coming off anything over 2mg a day from EVERYTHING i've read and my very personal experience.

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 1 year 9 months ago #33610

• Ktea
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
I am also availabe. I have experianced the same things on my journy. I am here to tell anyone . That this plant can save your life like mine, Trew much research and a lot of money spent. I have finally found a great source for the best kratom and quality. I've been able to eleminate many symtoms and perscription.I,m a recoveing opid addict and suffer from multiple symtom. I was on herion and multiple drugs and this plant has changed my life, This is a amazing group to be in. Everyone is very friendly and inforumed. Together we will rise above the FDA and most important save live by informing and caring for one another.Help peopleto find the right sources which i have found a amazinig source, I also will put my email if ANYONE would like a person to talk to one on one.. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Thank You for the topic

Last edit: by Ktea.

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 1 year 10 months ago #33425

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3793

DeAnna wrote: I placed my order today. I'm wondering if I could be going about this wrong. I skipped my Suboxone today and don't intend on taking it again. Is it possible to go cold turkey from 8mg Suboxone? For a week or so I've only been taking it every other day. I really do not like this medication and I am desperate to get off of it. I've only been on it for two months, but prior to that I was on high doses of morphine. I know most are tapering their doses first, but has anyone gone cold turkey from subs to Kratom?

Whatever you want to do...you are in charge!

What are you afraid of? ...Withdrawal?

Withdrawal simply indicates that opiate receptors are empty and you can always fill them with a dose of Kratom.
BEV

"Fewer faces and more spaces"

The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Teeswaran

Last edit: by bomalley.
Moderators: Somethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds