Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
For those who are new to Kratom, or even those who are aficionados we've started this category off with our own Kratom User's Guide for 2015 which covers some of the more commonly asked questions and answers about Kratom, its origins, its effects, dosages and more.

TOPIC:

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 2 years 2 months ago #29973

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3793
If you are managing your withdrawal with green strains my recomendation would be to keep doing what you are doing because it is working.

Once you feel really comfortable that the risk if withdrawal is gone then you could start experimenting with red strains at the same dose you are now taking. They have higher levels of the alkaloids that relieve pain so you might get better pain relief with them at the same dose.

I have attached a chart that you might find helpful.

BUT don't rush it...give it time!
BEV

"Fewer faces and more spaces"

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, DeAnna, TheDoctor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by bomalley.

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 2 years 3 months ago #29929

• eilerc
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks for all the info! I've been using opiates heavily for 10 years following 3 massive back surgeries. I tried a fairly small dose of green maeng da 4 days ago and haven't experienced a single withdrawal symptom. I'm stunned. I've gone through mild and horrible withdrawal in the past and was expecting some uncomfortable days, but the Jones never showed up! From what I'm reading, my dose is pretty low, but I don't seem to need any more. The pain is also manageable - I wonder if I could be pain free by upping the dosage? If this plant does nothing else aside from alleviating my withdrawal symptoms, I would still consider it miraculous!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 2 years 4 months ago #28643

• Teeswaran
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 460
Agreed - PDO is good
This is all just a dream .... Gen Mondrub
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, faithwalker1228

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 2 years 4 months ago #28273

• August Noon
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 247
Hello and welcome!

My suggestion would be one of the faster red strains or a red and green or red and white vein blend. The red will help the most with the opiate withdrawals, which I didn’t have after years of oxy, tramadol, hydrocodone, etc.

If you don’t want to do a blend, I would give PDO Botanicals a try with their Vietnamese Mekong Gold. I get a nice, relaxed burst of energy and all the pain relief and withdrawal relief I could ever want.

Let me give this some thought and I’ll let you know if I come up with anything else. However, I think you would be happy with that or a blend of pretty much any red mixed with a good green. I don’t usually like greens, but PDO has the only strain I’ve ever enjoyed as much as a red. It’s from New Guinea I think. I can’t remember the name, but you should be able to easily find it. Anyway, this is just my favorite vendor. I’ve been in the Kratom game for YEARS and his product is still the best on the market.

Hope that helps. I’m at work, so I’m sorry if it’s kind of scattered.

Cheers,
August
#kratomlivesmatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Teeswaran

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 2 years 4 months ago #28266

• Teeswaran
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 460
Welcome, Faithwalker!
This is all just a dream .... Gen Mondrub
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 2 years 4 months ago #28249

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
faithwalker:

I would try an Indo Maeng Da to start. I get good pain relief but not too sedating like a real red strain.

We usually reommend 2 Gm to start. Now that your suboxone dose is low you should be able to switch to Kratom without any problems at all.

Take the 2 gm dose and see how it goes. If you do not feel good then drop the dose down for the next time. If you feel OK but do not get pain relief then increase for the next dose.

If the Indo Maeng Da does not give you pain relief then it would be best to switch to a red until you get your dose and frequency worked out.

For a vendor check out the vendor tab (top of the page on the black bar) for the list of vetted vendors.
BEV

The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Teeswaran

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 2 years 5 months ago #28209

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9052
Welcome to the forum!

The BLOG section is full of good info (ignore outdated state legality articles).

We would ALL love to shop one place for the right stuff. It’s not so simple. But you’ll find YOUR sweet spot WITH EXPERIMENTATION ONLY, I’m afraid. It’s not like a pill where the ingredients are the same and our metabolism makes your favorite not necessarily helpful for me, etc.
It’s a lot of work, but you’ve DONE THE HARDER PART! Way to go!

The others will chime in with suggestions to get you started.

I’m heading out to NOT GET LOST looking for my cardiologist. LOL
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teeswaran

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 2 years 5 months ago #28204

• faithwalker1228
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Yes I am new to Kratom also. I first ordered from Happy Hippo and just recently Re-leaf. I am trying to come off of suboxone after 5 years. I have gone from 18 mg down to 1mg. If anybody can please share the best strain that I need to be taking for when I get closer to tapering down to nothing. I also have a lot of chronic fatigue so I tend to like the faster strains better. I'd appreciate any help that I could get. I'd also like to find a solid vendor so that I don't have to keep popping around from vender to vender. I'm kind of new to this site and I'm not the best typer but I can sure talk a lot. Anyway thank you for your time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Teeswaran

Last edit: by faithwalker1228.

kratom and liver disease 2 years 9 months ago #23870

• Cori177
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 128
Thank you Bo for the reply and info.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, bomalley, Teeswaran

kratom and liver disease 2 years 9 months ago #23854

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
Good morning everyone and Happy New YEAR.

I am on the west coast of Canada so I got to 2018 a lot later than most of you!!

I don't think there is anything in the literature about Kratom affecting liver function.

It is probably much less harmful than taking a drug as it is a whole food. I cannot see how it can be more harmful that tea or coffee.

Cori177

If your liver is damaged to the point where you have ascites I really think you need the advice of a good medical herbalist. Somebody who really has the expertise of how to treat this more naturally. If it were me I would not want to attempt self treatment for such a complex condition.

Can you find a good naturopathic doctor who can help you?

Perhaps an Ayervedic practioner or even someone schooled in Traditional Chinese Medicine would help.

However, just fair warning....Mitragyna speciosa is not in the herbal formulary for either Chinese medicine or the traditional European herbal medicines. When I started, neither my naturopathic doctor nor my TCM were able to help me explore this herb as they knew nothing about it. HOWEVER, a naturally oriented practitioner should be able to help with more natural treatments for the ascites.

www.organicfacts.net/home-remedies/home-remedies-for-ascites.html

www.findhomeremedy.com/10-natural-cures-for-ascites/

www.home-remedies-for-you.com/remedy/Ascites.html

So now we are off to the polar bear swim for our area (I live in a ocean side community). We are watching NOT swimming!

A beautiful SUNNY and DRY (but cold) day here on the west coast to start the new year. Thankfully Kratom will help me stay on my feet for the next few hours to enjoy the festivities.

I will pop back into the forum to catch up when we get back.
BEV

The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Cori177, madmaxnightrider, Teeswaran

Moderators: Somethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds