Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
For those who are new to Kratom, or even those who are aficionados we've started this category off with our own Kratom User's Guide for 2015 which covers some of the more commonly asked questions and answers about Kratom, its origins, its effects, dosages and more.

TOPIC:

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 4 years 3 months ago #12997

• zbestkratom
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12

Cori177 wrote: Hey Laurie, glad to hear you're doing well

I think every single person who makes improvements or starts recovering from a scary habit becomes a bit preachy, even if temporarily. Every one. I still tend to ramble forever about me kicking suboxone. It comes from being relieved/elated/feeling free, and kind of being grossed out/scared by reminders of the habit and lifestyle (people who still do it, etc). I think it's just a phase, you're kind of re-learning things. Don't be too hard on yourself, you're only trying to help people!
Good luck with using the extract for your procedure, and hoping your physical therapy/ excersize goes well.

:)

Cori177 could you please give me some advice, I have been on suboxone for over 8 years and have not been able to kick the habit. I really could use some advice from someone who has been there and come out of it. My only alternative is going to be to go to rehab, which is going to cost me upwords of $15,000, which I am willing to pay, to get out of this dam cycle.

It's so dumb, because I haven't been a true drug addict, since I got onto suboxone 8 years ago. It was a miracle drug, back then. And now, it's the chains I live with everyday. :evil:

I am about to get engaged and must end this asap, let me know if you have any advice. Thanks again.
Whitney Segura - Founder, Chief Marketing Officer, and Co-Owner at zBestKratom.com

"Things will come to those who wait, but only things left behind by those who hustle."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 4 years 3 months ago #12882

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9059
:-h :woohoo:
Laurie

Last edit: by Laurie. Reason: Paranoia, lol

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 4 years 3 months ago #12879

• Cori177
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 128
Hey Laurie, glad to hear you're doing well

I think every single person who makes improvements or starts recovering from a scary habit becomes a bit preachy, even if temporarily. Every one. I still tend to ramble forever about me kicking suboxone. It comes from being relieved/elated/feeling free, and kind of being grossed out/scared by reminders of the habit and lifestyle (people who still do it, etc). I think it's just a phase, you're kind of re-learning things. Don't be too hard on yourself, you're only trying to help people!
Good luck with using the extract for your procedure, and hoping your physical therapy/ excersize goes well.

:)

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 4 years 3 months ago #12878

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
:-h :woohoo:
Laurie

Last edit: by Laurie. Reason: Paranoia

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 4 years 3 months ago #12847

• August Noon
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 247
Wow Laurie. That was one of the most interesting posts I've read here. It's amazing think about how complex peoples stories are. You weren't talking to me, but thanks for sharing just the same. What you said about not having kids to end a toxic bloodline really hit home with me. That's exactly what I was thinking about just the other day. My girlfriend wants kids, but I'm terrified that they will turn out like me. And my father. And his father. Anyway, thanks again for sharing. I hope things are going as well as they can for you.

Cheers,
August
#kratomlivesmatter

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 4 years 3 months ago #12831

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
:-h
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: madmaxnightrider, levonne90@gmail.com

Last edit: by Laurie. Reason: Sadness

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 4 years 3 months ago #12830

• levonne90@gmail.com
  • levonne90@gmail.com's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 343
Also there were some breaks in my ten years of use, none were voluntary, mainly due to incarceration and legal reasons. So it was not a solid ten years of use. It was ten years of opiate addiction. With periods of non use, for different amounts of time. The solid time of use prior to this time of quitting was only about 8 months solid. So for someone with a longer time that that of constant use may not benefit from this guide as well as i did.
Be not afraid of growing slowly, Be afraid only of standing still.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider, Ktea

Last edit: by levonne90@gmail.com.

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 4 years 3 months ago #12829

• levonne90@gmail.com
  • Platinum Boarder
Hello Laurie and very nice to meet you :-h

I hate to hear that your experience was so bad, that is alot of the reason that i posted this, i have had a problem with opiates for only about 10 yrs, and i have had much much worse withdrawls than this time. Also probably the most important part of this guide for it to be effective like it was for me was tapering way down on the opiates prior to the leap into kratom. i had read about cross tolerance so i personally tapered my opiate use down then switched to an opioid while daily decreasing those dose of it as well, then nothing the day i tried kratom. This had to work for me as i was slowly losing everything. So there was some parts that were uncomfortable but staying functional was a must for me. And i have some paws as well but they are not as bad as in the past attempts of stopping. And i agree this guide is just a starting point meant for the first few weeks. This is to get them through the worst of it and i can only speak for how well it worked for myself i dont know how everyone's body would respond to the same stratedgy. And also i was very determined and desperate to get away from my addiction.

This may not work for every opiate addict, but it should work for some, and im not promising them a perfect experience, only that it should be much easier than most other ways to detox and quit. I am very glad to hear you were able to stop as well. :-bd I have had many friends that have still never been able to stop and a few that are no longer with us due to their addiction. And i have tried several different methods to quit an dnone have worked for me in the past. So i am always very happy to hear people that were able to get away from that horrible addiction.if you can offer any insight on what helped you during the process it would be much appreciated. :-bd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider, Lilysmom16

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 4 years 3 months ago #12818

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
:-h
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: levonne90@gmail.com

Last edit: by Laurie. Reason: Paranoia

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 4 years 4 months ago #12802

• levonne90@gmail.com
  • Platinum Boarder
Ya that's ok I was not sure where to put it but will remember if I post the kratom break guide I will put it I'm the same place u moved this one to
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Ktea

Moderators: Somethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds