09 Mar 2020
We want to welcome everyone to the New I Love Kratom Forum. We're constantly trying to improve the forum for our members. Please take the time to show our approved vendors some love. Check out our approved advertisers as well and feel free to post about your experience. If this is your first time to the site, make sure to register and do your first post in the "Introduce Yourself" section. Also, make sure do check out the "Approved Vendors" section of the forum to find great daily and weekly deals.

We would like to send out a special thanks to all of our advertisers and approved vendors. Be sure to check out their sites and try them out.

UPDATE: Gold Leaf Botanicals is doing a special 10% off and I had posted it incorrectly. That coupon should is now changed to ILKforum15%.

We would like to throw a big thanks out to all the vendors on this forum for being so awesome and a very very special thanks to our Moderators.

~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Read More...
For those who are new to Kratom, or even those who are aficionados we've started this category off with our own Kratom User's Guide for 2015 which covers some of the more commonly asked questions and answers about Kratom, its origins, its effects, dosages and more.

TOPIC: Stopping opiate abuse Guide

kratom and liver disease 2 years 4 months ago #23849

• Cori177
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 123
Thank you Laurie! Yes I was hoping she saw it. I go to liver doc soon. I mention kratom to no doctors, lest bad words get out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Teeswaran

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

kratom and liver disease 2 years 4 months ago #23845

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8697
I’m glad you’re home and not drinking, Cori! Kratom helped me avoid booze for good - it was the first thing to go. But as an alcoholic for life, I sympathize! I’ve lost many loved ones to this disease, don’t need to lose any more. I’m hoping BoMalley has good news on this because my instincts say kratom should be fine. But. I am no medical anything. I’d think at worst, you’d need to make it a tea to skip the roughage of the rest of the powder. Hope she agrees. Sending hugs!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cori177, madmaxnightrider, Insense1, Teeswaran

kratom and liver disease 2 years 4 months ago #23832

• madmaxnightrider
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Fight for your Right buy Kratom.
  • Thank you received: 4229
In my Opinion I wouldn't think that Kratom would stop you from Healing because it has so many Anti-Oxidant Properties. Kratom is actually really good for you unlike Opiates which can be horrible for you Liver over time. I've been taking Kratom daily for over 8 years now & every year when I have my complete blood work my Liver Tests always comes up completely normal. I would think bomalley would know much more about this than me because of being a Nurse for years.
“I am the madmaxnightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Cori177, Insense1, Teeswaran

kratom and liver disease 2 years 4 months ago #23826

• Cori177
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 123
Hello, I had a question. I’ve recently been hospitalized for alcoholic liver disease after 8 years drinking every day. I do no opiates, and quit drinking. The problem is my ascites in my abdominal won’t go down, it’s huge, not in hospital nor since I’ve been out about 1 month total. I was sneaking some Kratom while in the hospital as they wouldn’t give me anything for anxiety. My question is, is the Kratom hindering my healing? Making my liver work extra? I really want the answer to be no. Or the other answer to be ‘it’ll just take time’, as I’d hate to give up Kratom, it’s helped me so much.
And from All the medical info I’ve found, of what Not to do, is simply don’t drink. I only found one article that mentions Kratom/kava.

Thank you for any help

Cori
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Teeswaran

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 2 years 4 months ago #23781

• madmaxnightrider
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Fight for your Right buy Kratom.
  • Thank you received: 4229
You are so Valuable to this Forum bomalley! You are our Resident Nurse! You always give out Fantastic Medical Information that is backed by Years of Experience. There is No Substitute for Experience! :-? Thanks bomalley for your Advice!
“I am the madmaxnightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Teeswaran

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 2 years 4 months ago #23759

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3777
Yup...only took me forty minutes to show up....Laurie knows me so well!

First of all I am going to suggest that you use dry leaf powders instead of capsules. It is all about dosing and you can dose more precisely with the powder PLUS you know what is in there. As time goes on you can make your own capsules if you need to. Purchasing dry leaf powders also allows access to a wider variety of strains as not all strains are available in capsules.

You are right. The alkaloids in Kratom adhere to the opioid receptors. It is when these receptors are empty that cravings and withdrawal symptoms occur. This is precisely WHY Kratom is so helpful for those wanting to come off opioids.

1. Get a scale - so much more precise for managing doses and dosing is important for managing tolerance because you CAN become tolerant to Kratom.
  2. for the best pain relief start with reds. A sample pack of Red Bali, Red Borneo, Red Maeng Da and Red Vein Thai should get you going.
  3. keep notes - you will be SO glad you did as you carry on with your grand experiment
  4. starting dose is 2 Gms for opioid tolerant individuals like you and me. you gradually increase the dose to get the effect you need. This also allows for your body to become more used to the alkaloids as they can cause some gastric disturbance for some people.
  5. how much you take every day is really up to you...you need to take enough to control symptoms without having any adverse effects. It is a very individual thing. I take 16-20 Gms per day in 4-5 doses. Sometimes I take only 12 Gms in a day BUT I do NOT let it go over 20 as I am trying to prevent building up a tolerance. Like opioids the more you use the more you will need so once you find your sweet spot try to keep it there BUT it does take some experimenting to get there.
  6. manage constipation - Kratom will cause constipation...even worse than opioids for me so do a search on "digestive issues" on this forum and read the helpful hints there
  7. stay hydrated - you will notice a dry mouth and you may get itchy or have headaches if you do not stay hydrated
  8. lastly - keep coming back to the forum to ask questions. We all learn together here. You may not know it yet but your experience will help to guide and teach others about this magnificent plant.

This should get you of to a good start. Depending on how much opiates you are taking you may be able to stop completely and just use Kratom (I did). Others find a taper more successful substituting a dose of Kratom for an opioid dose until they are taking ONLY kratom and no opioids.

FINALLY - I am dragging out my soapbox AGAIN as others here on the forum know how I feel about this situation where chronic pain patients are being told they will be cut off.

It is COMPLETELY unethical for a doctor to cut off the opioid supply for a patient who is dependent especially when it was the doctor's prescription that got them there. Doctors are REQUIRED under their professional standards of practice to treat patients and DO NO HARM. They should be helping patients to manage pain and working towards coming off the opioids safely. I like to think that in Canada a doctor would not simply cut a patient off without first trying to HELP them... I am however, the eternal optimist! the recommended standard of practice in Canada is that NOBODY is ever forced into opiate withdrawal. Even heroin addicts get opiates when they are in hospital.

If doctor and patient work together it does work and it can happen to successfully come off opioids. It is a long process and it is sometimes difficult but it does work.

However, now you (and I) have Kratom so as chronic pain patients we are not left out in the cold so to speak. Chronic pain treatment requires a multifaceted approach..."taking something" for pain is only a small part of the overall approach to managing pain successfully. Kratom is NOT A PANACEA, but it can be helpful and has certainly improved my life.

Hopefully you can get the same result.
BEV

"Fewer faces and more spaces"

The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Cori177, madmaxnightrider, Insense1, Teeswaran, Hzazzi74210

Last edit: by bomalley.

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 2 years 4 months ago #23755

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Welcome to the best Kratom forum ever, catspaw1955!

I’m sure our family/Forum nurse will be posting shortly for you. I am a fellow chronic pain patient, but I also skip SSRI’s in favor of the leaf.

BoMalley will get you fully educated for your journey with some good advice about red strains (you started with the right one!). Those are the ones you’ll want, as you’ve surmised. There are MANY red strains with benefits all over the map (some stimulating, some sedating, etc).

Trial and error and good note-taking is key.

I’m sure she’ll be along shortly. Welcome aboard!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: madmaxnightrider, TheDoctor

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 2 years 4 months ago #23753

• catspaw1955
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 292
wow excellent post, i am taking the red vein capsules, i am a chronic pain patient, and now because of all this epidemic crap, my doctor is cutting down my oxycodone, so i run out after 2 weeks, i just read up on kratom, and i bought it today, i took 3 500mg caps...and it really seems to be helping,my mood is really better,,,,still have alot of pain(they want to do a quintupal fusion on me, forget it) but i find it is the mental part that bugs me bad... it feels similar to trammadol, it must adhere to the opiate receptors,,,i do not care it works, so do you know how much i should take per day? well god bless you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 3 years 1 month ago #17158

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Hi Levonne. Great report. I'm pretty sure you might be doing even better now! I'm still riding shotgun on this ride with a few of you here.
Laurie

Last edit: by Laurie. Reason: .

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 3 years 1 month ago #17151

• C.O.B
  • Vendor
  • Plants Before Pills
  • Thank you received: 863
Keep up the great work levonne.
We have talked many times so please don't hesitate to reach out to me for anything brother.
Take care
We always provide top quality organic kratom at reasonable prices.
God bless and have a great day.
Www.Christophersorganicbotanicals.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Last edit: by C.O.B.
Moderators: Somethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds