Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
  • Page:

TOPIC:

15% OFF - ends Sunday and NEW Items at In Sense/Gold Leaf Botanicals... 9 months 1 week ago #47391

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2540
I just reminded myself of a side effect of taking really good Tea. You like buying more good Tea. ;)

I couldn't resist this 5 pack of sample sizes. I'm fully stocked, so I ordered strictly along the lines of keeping things fresh, and catering to a desire for very chill, relaxing, and mood enhancing, strains. Though of course energy and pain relief can go into that, in the right proportions.

Btw, so cool that the coupon 202015% worked with this, and our regular one presumably works after this extra generous sale ends.

Anyway, here's what I ordered to put my Tea larder on the level of that of a Hobbit. :)

5 oz Sampler Pack - Pick any 5 strains at 1 oz each

Sample 1:Red Sumatra

Sample 2: Chocolate Malay

Sample 3: Gold Indonesia

Sample 4: Red Maeng Da (Dark)

Sample 5: Super Green Optima

That's copied from the confirmation email that came right away.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1i0UfAju_0
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373, INSENSE3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Babel-17.

15% OFF - ends Sunday and NEW Items at In Sense/Gold Leaf Botanicals... 9 months 1 week ago #47383

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
Gotta stay with the sweet spot!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, INSENSE3

15% OFF - ends Sunday and NEW Items at In Sense/Gold Leaf Botanicals... 9 months 1 week ago #47378

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 2045
Hey Michele and Babel, :-h
Y'all are talking about my personal favorite, and first kratom love.
Green Riau was one I picked in my 2nd sample pack from Rob at Insense. It is my honeymoon strian. :woohoo:
It has been the only single strain that is 95% successful at getting rid of my headaches. And it gives me excellent clarity and focus. I don't think I could do my job without it.
I have taken it almost every day since April 2019.
I still only take 1.5-2g as my sweet spot. (L)
I bought 1.5 kilos from Rob and still have about 1100 grams left. I probably should buy more since I'm getting low. :lol: need to keep that kilo buffer in my ZAPS. :cheer:
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1, michele373, Babel-17, INSENSE3

15% OFF - ends Sunday and NEW Items at In Sense/Gold Leaf Botanicals... 9 months 1 week ago #47376

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
And I'm looking forward to your review! My one day of Hirsuta and Stem and Vein, coupled with my tolerance being back to what it was originally, more or less, really helped with appreciating my first taste of the Gold Leaf Green Riau.

Lol, I planned on having a palate cleanse about now but I neither feel like I need it or want it. :)

I'm feeling so good and mellow that I don't want to change that, but a plan is a plan. I'll go with something a bit stimulating but chill.

It's easy to want to indulge in procrastinating the review as this is a clever strain, so it's tough to describe. With most others it's mostly about does it live up to the rep of the strain, and does it have duration.

Anyway, that reminds me, and I better write this down, while I haven't varied the amount yet I think this Riau, and probably your Red Sumatra, is pretty neat in how its flexible in what it offers depending on how much is taken. The question being, what's the ideal range for that, because it would be a shame to blunt out its distinctive effects by allowing Kratom's more prominent alkaloids dominate the effect that's given.

Tomorrow I'll try skipping a serving and doubling up on the next one. I expect the typical result of doing such, but what I'm reading suggests I'll be getting more than just that. Lol, I'll save the fleshing out of that theory for my review. ;)

I told myself I wouldn't be blending this prior to my review, and I won't, but I have a hunch that combined with a bit more Stem and Vein, and also Hirsuta, this could have notably good endurance in regards its mood boost. And that could be worth finding out, as given that this strain isn't, imo, as likely to ding ones tolerance (milligram for milligram) as much as regular strains, it could be a long lasting part of a strategy to keeping ones tolerance in good shape.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, INSENSE3

15% OFF - ends Sunday and NEW Items at In Sense/Gold Leaf Botanicals... 9 months 1 week ago #47375

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Michelle!

Funny coincidence, the Riau region is located on the eastern coast of Sumatra. I read that there's an unsurprising similarity between its Kratom and that known as Sumatran. Apparently at one time there was some occasional overlap in the designation of Riau as being Sumatra.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajmalicine

According to the InSense page for Red Sumatra, it's alkaloid profile is generous in regard that, though they use its other name, Raubasine. Javanica is known for that as well.

insensebotanicals.com/product/red-sumatra-kratom-powder/

Kratom Variety: Red Sumatra
Harvested from: Sumatra, Indonesia
Description: Strong but balanced Red Sumatra contains a special alkaloid called Raubasine which is said to have relaxing properties that are around for a longer time than others. Definitely one of the most popular kinds that we always try to keep in stock.

www.kratomnews.org/mitragyna-javanica/

I wouldn't be surprised if the Riau had its fair share of it as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, INSENSE3

15% OFF - ends Sunday and NEW Items at In Sense/Gold Leaf Botanicals... 9 months 1 week ago #47369

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4423
see ..

in sense/ gold leaf such a great strong vendor. we all have a few 'faves' and that constantly changes. got the bug again with the red Sumatra. which checks off every box but energy. but that's fine. sometimes ( ok usually ) I need to mellow the F out.

if I need energy I blend. problem solved. but most reds don't sedate me as much any more. especially if I watch my dose. just got in some wild and plantation red Sumatra. very underappreciated strain. blew my socks off at a half a sample pack. which for me was a low dose.

woo hoo! looks like I have my first review lined up when I break my kratom fast! ( im going to try to last till the end of the month ) I haven't had regular leaf in more than 2 weeks. blows my own mind~

babel, your love makes me want to give the Riau another chance~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, INSENSE3

15% OFF - ends Sunday and NEW Items at In Sense/Gold Leaf Botanicals... 9 months 1 week ago #47367

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder

Insense1 wrote: Thanks Babel- 17.....

Green Riau is one of those secret gems, for me anyway....

many Love it, and yet others still have other preferences... but for me its a good strain to get away from the norm with, haven't tried the wild recently, maybe thats my choice for Today. LOL

Thanks Babel

Insense1
Rob
530-644-0456

It being a wild, and having received what I'm sensing was a mild drying process, seems to give this a pretty unique profile of alkaloid amounts. I have to wonder if this is a preferred strain of the locals. We know what most of the very demanding buying public wants, and often legitimately needs, so I guess the growers and suppliers have to cater to that.

They want lots of pain relief, and an all natural energy boost, and the more of that the better. Some strains can provide either of those, or even both of those, and still provide that something extra that you get from the broad profile of Kratom alkaloids.

This wild grown Green Riau seems likely to have been carefully harvested, and dried, with an eye to maintaining the full spectrum of benefits that this local strain is appreciated for having.

I'm guessing the plantation grown is an excellent compromise that offers a bit more energy, and a bit more pain relief. I'm now on the day after of my first day of using this wild grown Green Riau and there's no sense of having a come down that I might get from a strong White or Red, or even the less extreme feeling of "I wouldn't mind a cup of my Kratom coffee" that a very nice Green might leave me with on the day following using it the night before.

Though I have to allow that my tolerance has been good lately, and I took a day of just using a little bit of stem and vein and Hirsuta before starting with this Green Riau from Gold leaf.

I'll save the details for my review. But, spoiler alert, it's a connoisseur strain for those who aren't looking for a blunt instrument to boosting mood. More subtle than even my favorite mellow strains, but extremely effective at what it does. For some people it could be an answer to stagnant strain syndrome. Excepting those who need pain relief for bad backs and such, regrettably this isn't a universal panacea.

15% OFF - ends Sunday and NEW Items at In Sense/Gold Leaf Botanicals... 9 months 1 week ago #47363

• Insense1
  • Insense1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1941
Thanks Babel- 17.....

Green Riau is one of those secret gems, for me anyway....

many Love it, and yet others still have other preferences... but for me its a good strain to get away from the norm with, haven't tried the wild recently, maybe thats my choice for Today. LOL

Thanks Babel

Insense1
Rob
530-644-0456
:-)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Babel-17, INSENSE3

15% OFF - ends Sunday and NEW Items at In Sense/Gold Leaf Botanicals... 9 months 1 week ago #47344

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Visitor
I have the green raiu kilo stashed away ... think I need to break it out tomorrow.. thx Babel!

I’m completely in love with the white Hulu to Michele .. either plantation or wild .... beautiful and special white that reminds me more of a green !! B-) (c) (L)

15% OFF - ends Sunday and NEW Items at In Sense/Gold Leaf Botanicals... 9 months 1 week ago #47341

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
The White Hulu is nice too. It's definitely a White but it it being a Hulu can still be felt. A good one for being active but not losing your chill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, INSENSE3

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds