07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!


We could use your help though...
Read More...
Welcome to the I Love Kratom Forum! We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this forum category. Get to know each other and share you common interests.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: The Kratom community should respond to this negative article.

The Kratom community should respond to this negative article. 3 weeks 3 hours ago #47902

  • MBerk69$
  • MBerk69$'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 18
  • Thank you received: 49
Please take a look at this negative kratom article from today. It infuriating. But this is what I will do. I’m sending an email to the author. Her name appears to be Susan. The article references a Dr Mike. He might get my next letter. I’m not trashing her or getting angry with her. I’m trying to explain how dangerous and irresponsible her article is and how it perpetuates all the lies and negative propaganda that just sways public opinion against kratom without any real facts. I’m going to blast this article all over and hopefully we can all fill her mailbox. I’m hoping she will want to hear some success stories and I’m telling her about a few. Including mine. That maybe she should retract her article and write a new one explaining she has to research kratom more. That the opinion of just one former heroin addict and statements from a doctors that apparently doesn’t know his ass from his elbow, really isn’t sourcing reliable information to author such negative article. The former addict may be a perfectly fine guy. But it’s just one guy’s opinion. Just as it’s one extremely ignorant doctor or maybe a doctor that stands to benefit by disseminating negative propaganda. I want the whole kratom community to see this article and let her know how we all feel. I hope it doesn’t get ugly. I only hope she chooses to rethink her damaging approach. Maybe then she could use her big platform to get some truth out to the public that is so desperately needed.
www.wgal.com/article/kratom-supplement-t...users-to-er/30721072
The following user(s) said Thank You: TopExtracts, C.O.B, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, CanadianTW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Kratom community should respond to this negative article. 2 weeks 6 days ago #47921

  • CanadianTW
  • CanadianTW's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 31
  • Karma: 1
  • Thank you received: 90
Done!
Thank you MBerk!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Kratom community should respond to this negative article. 2 weeks 6 days ago #47923

  • Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Somethingsacredgoinonhere's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I had a long reply , but got timed out and lost it all!!

But in nutshell ... it’s beyond silly/ frustrating when these articles depicting kratom as a serious problem or issue .. is it coffees fault that some folks drink to much of ? Is it the candy bars fault that some eat to much and get cavities? It takes someone to be responsible and accountable for their own healthy relationship with whatever one puts into their bodies ... can’t blame kratom if someone abuses it and have bad effects . It’s not for everyone but there’s a beneficial route and a hindering one.

That’s solely rests on the shoulders of whom ever “chooses “ to utilize this spectacular herb .

When these articles are out out there and folks who know nothing about kratom read it , they immediately brand it as a negative substance that is detrimental to ones well being .. when I fact ( as we all here know ) it’s quite the opposite of harmful .

So , with the help of responsible vendors promoting and providing kratom in the accurate light of supplement and not cure all ... along with AKA ‘s efforts explaining the science and benefits to legislators... and with all of us helping spread the truth and exemplifying a healthy example of what Kratom’s amazing benefits are... we all can help clear the misconception of say big pharmaceutical and the opinions and experience of a few who’ve demonized this lovely benign herb because of abusing it or wanting to make money off of their own peddling poisons ...

Fret not , though it’s frustrating... we know better and we’ll continue to dispel the negative claims some make .

Thx for sharing , that’s why it’s so important to do what we can when we can to keep this leaf accessible and safe for the millions of us who have a quality of life because of it !!

Much respect to all of you !

We have an amazing community and commitment to each other .... what a threat to powers that be !!lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Kratom community should respond to this negative article. 2 weeks 6 days ago #47926

  • MBerk69$
  • MBerk69$'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 18
  • Thank you received: 49

CanadianTW wrote: Done!
Thank you MBerk!


Thanks for your feedback and defending our leaf. The backlash that the author received for her article appears to be significant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Kratom community should respond to this negative article. 2 weeks 6 days ago #47929

  • MBerk69$
  • MBerk69$'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 18
  • Thank you received: 49

Somethingsacredgoinonhere wrote: I had a long reply , but got timed out and lost it all!!

But in nutshell ... it’s beyond silly/ frustrating when these articles depicting kratom as a serious problem or issue .. is it coffees fault that some folks drink to much of ? Is it the candy bars fault that some eat to much and get cavities? It takes someone to be responsible and accountable for their own healthy relationship with whatever one puts into their bodies ... can’t blame kratom if someone abuses it and have bad effects . It’s not for everyone but there’s a beneficial route and a hindering one.

That’s solely rests on the shoulders of whom ever “chooses “ to utilize this spectacular herb .

When these articles are out out there and folks who know nothing about kratom read it , they immediately brand it as a negative substance that is detrimental to ones well being .. when I fact ( as we all here know ) it’s quite the opposite of harmful .

So , with the help of responsible vendors promoting and providing kratom in the accurate light of supplement and not cure all ... along with AKA ‘s efforts explaining the science and benefits to legislators... and with all of us helping spread the truth and exemplifying a healthy example of what Kratom’s amazing benefits are... we all can help clear the misconception of say big pharmaceutical and the opinions and experience of a few who’ve demonized this lovely benign herb because of abusing it or wanting to make money off of their own peddling poisons ...

Fret not , though it’s frustrating... we know better and we’ll continue to dispel the negative claims some make .

Thx for sharing , that’s why it’s so important to do what we can when we can to keep this leaf accessible and safe for the millions of us who have a quality of life because of it !!

Much respect to all of you !

We have an amazing community and commitment to each other .... what a threat to powers that be !!lol


I agree. It was a very irresponsible piece of journalism, if it can even be called journalism. It really came off as a hit piece against kratom with possibly an agenda. The claims were completely false and unproven. They framed it as some sort of safety concern. But I suspect it was far more about greed. The FDA’s misinformation campaign is heavily funded. Big Pharma stands to lose billions if the truth about kratom was more widely known. That’s why they try to sway public opinion against kratom. Thanks for your feedback and defending our leaf. The backlash that the author received for her article appears to be significant. It was encouraging to see folks from our nearly 20 million strong US kratom community turn out and set the record straight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Kratom community should respond to this negative article. 2 weeks 6 days ago #47941

  • Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Somethingsacredgoinonhere's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you for being dedicated as well mberk69$!!!

Yeah .. it’s complete hogwash journalism... shame on her and those who do not know the truth and science behind kratom and the benefits this world has to gain from using the leaf in a responsible and therapeutic way ... in almost done with my letter to her .... I don’t do social media other than ILK and a couple other kratom forums , otherwise I’d be doing the whole Twitter and FB approach!

I appreciate you being here and your contributing to this important place we’re at surrounding this herb that helps so many ... 20 million folks utilizing kratom ?? Wow!!! That’s awesome! We know a good thing when we see and feel all the wellbeing it imparts to our lives !

Thx again =D> :-bd (L)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Kratom community should respond to this negative article. 2 weeks 6 days ago #47943

  • MBerk69$
  • MBerk69$'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 18
  • Thank you received: 49

Somethingsacredgoinonhere wrote: Thank you for being dedicated as well mberk69$!!!

Yeah .. it’s complete hogwash journalism... shame on her and those who do not know the truth and science behind kratom and the benefits this world has to gain from using the leaf in a responsible and therapeutic way ... in almost done with my letter to her .... I don’t do social media other than ILK and a couple other kratom forums , otherwise I’d be doing the whole Twitter and FB approach!

I appreciate you being here and your contributing to this important place we’re at surrounding this herb that helps so many ... 20 million folks utilizing kratom ?? Wow!!! That’s awesome! We know a good thing when we see and feel all the wellbeing it imparts to our lives !

Thx again =D> :-bd (L)


I’m certainly grateful to be part of the Kratom community. I’ve learned so much from so many good people with tons of knowledge about Kratom. I try to learn something new each day. And yes! I’ve read from several sources that the US Kratom community is between 12 million to 35 million. The majority of the estimates but the number at nearly 20 million. Pretty massive. I get what your saying about the social media. Twitter and Facebook give me a headache. I’ve recently abandoned Twitter. A bigger waste of time than FaceBook and FB isn’t much fun anymore either. Best Regards!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Kratom community should respond to this negative article. 2 weeks 5 days ago #47953

  • C.O.B
  • C.O.B's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Vendor
  • Vendor
  • Plants Before Pills
  • Posts: 395
  • Karma: 20
  • Thank you received: 782
I responded with a nice email explaining the benefits and the way Kratom has helped me and countless others.:)
We always provide top quality organic kratom at reasonable prices.
God bless and have a great day.
Www.Christophersorganicbotanicals.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Kratom community should respond to this negative article. 2 weeks 5 days ago #47962

  • MBerk69$
  • MBerk69$'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 18
  • Thank you received: 49

C.O.B wrote: I responded with a nice email explaining the benefits and the way Kratom has helped me and countless others.:)


Thanks for your help in enlightening this journalist. If she had any integrity she’d retract and correct the story. But i doubt she will. I could be wrong, but it appeared to me that it was a negative propaganda hit piece about kratom that was intentionally meant to scare people away from kratom. To sway public opinion against our leaf. I wonder if there’s any anti-Kratom legislation being considered in her town in PA. It wouldn’t surprise me if some uninformed politicians could have encouraged the article. Maybe someone with a financial interest pushing the fear mongering.

It made me smile to see hundreds from the kratom community, in just the first few hours, speak out to set the record straight. There may be thousands by now on the WGAL Facebook page. I’d like to think the journalist, Susan Shapiro, would care enough about her credibility and reputation to make a correction. But maybe she was persuaded by executives with an agenda of their own. The doctor in the video that is supposedly tied to Penn Med doesn’t even work for the hospital. He’s a private practice holistic doctor and a closed minded misinformed holistic doctor at best. Maybe a fraud also with an agenda of his own.

Thanks again Christopher. The kratom community has to be relentless in pushing back against this FDA misinformation campaign.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Kratom community should respond to this negative article. 2 weeks 5 days ago #47964

  • Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Somethingsacredgoinonhere's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I feel Ignorance is to blame , if one doesn’t have any accurate knowledge and does a news report, how can their be any credibility ?

Much love and respect , I’m sure she is at least second guessing her article to some degree...

Hope so :) (L)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Forum Support

If you're interested in advertising on the site or having any trouble with any function of the forum, please drop us a line.

Contact Us