07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!


We could use your help though...
Read More...
General discussion regarding Plain Leaf Kratom, Opinions, Questions and Experiences. Or feel free to talk about your favorite kind of Plain Leaf Kratom.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4

TOPIC: Unusually high quality kratom! Lets make a killer list of other great ones too!

Unusually high quality kratom! Lets make a killer list of other great ones too! 6 months 2 weeks ago #31431

  • chip.jones205@gmail.com
  • chip.jones205@gmail.com's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 3
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi
I've been a member of another kratom forum and have seen quite a few people say changing strains on a frequent basis really helps keep the effects at a high level. I have a hard time with that myself as when I get a really good product I don't want to change it until it's gone :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Teeswaran

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Unusually high quality kratom! Lets make a killer list of other great ones too! 6 months 2 weeks ago #31433

  • Laurie
  • Laurie's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Posts: 3921
  • Karma: 92
  • Thank you received: 3241
Welcome to the best kratom forum ever, chip.jones205!

I wouldn’t worry another moment about mixing strains. If you’re getting results without doing it, don’t do it! It’s helpful for those of us who are NOT getting the results we seek.

I use reds for my pain. My pain evolves daily. Green for mood lift for multi-level depression. Etc.

If you can do well with one good strain, DO IT :-)

Thanks for the topic!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teeswaran, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Unusually high quality kratom! Lets make a killer list of other great ones too! 6 months 2 weeks ago #31435

  • chip.jones205@gmail.com
  • chip.jones205@gmail.com's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 3
  • Thank you received: 5
You're welcome Laurie...and I agree. What works great for one may not for another. Thank you for your welcome and support.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Teeswaran

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Unusually high quality kratom! Lets make a killer list of other great ones too! 6 months 1 week ago #31526

  • Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Somethingsacredgoinonhere's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 340
  • Karma: 20
  • Thank you received: 583
I totally agree with the first post on this topic, dakine is the kind !! Honestly the green ketapang is a subtlety powerful and not so powerfully subtle... strong in helping great with anxiety/ depression and pain and overall good mood whist not having one negative side effects to report. Also I find pete to an awesone vendor/ human that cares tremendously about customer service and quality products, he charges and very reasonable price (I believe around $130-140 k) but because my budget is not great I opt for the cheaper vendors, if I could get all my kratom from Pete I would , hands down a great strain and vendor, I recommend giving him a shot .. just one of those vendors you want to support because quality is non-debatable and he’s got integrity where it counts , not just all about the money, he wants to help.. btw I’m not affiliated but truly believe hes worth looking into!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Teeswaran, MrBear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Unusually high quality kratom! Lets make a killer list of other great ones too! 6 months 1 week ago #31601

  • bomalley
  • bomalley's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1859
  • Karma: 43
  • Thank you received: 3268

chip.jones205@gmail.com wrote: Hi
I've been a member of another kratom forum and have seen quite a few people say <strong>changing strains on a frequent basis really helps keep the effects at a high level</strong>. I have a hard time with that myself as when I get a really good product I don't want to change it until it's gone :)


That is what people say...BUT we have no real evidence that this is so.

I know I am a wet blanket on this issue, but rotating strains of coffee does nothing for preventing the dependence/tolerance on caffeine.

Rotating different types of opiates will still leave you tolerant of opiates. So even though people say to do this rotating, and suggest that it helps prevent tolerance, we have no real evidence to back it up.
IF you feed your opiate receptors with a chemical that binds there, you will develop tolerance as your body will just make more opiate receptors.

I use the strain that I need AT THAT MOMENT. Sometimes I need energy, mostly I need pain relief.

BUT I do not do any sort of formal rotation.

If you use Kratom regularly you will develop tolerance - end of story. That does not mean it stops working...just that you do not feel the effects as acutely.
BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Nan70, PhillyCheeze, Teeswaran, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by bomalley.

Unusually high quality kratom! Lets make a killer list of other great ones too! 6 months 1 week ago #31621

  • Nan70
  • Nan70's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 929
  • Karma: 40
  • Thank you received: 1840

I use the strain that I need AT THAT MOMENT. Sometimes I need energy, mostly I need pain relief.


I do this and it ends up like rotating. I sometimes feel people treating anxiety and depression would be worse off rotating too many strains.

One benefit I do get is if I leave a strain alone for a while when I get back to it I feel the full effects of that strain. But the second day will not be so magical.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Teeswaran, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Unusually high quality kratom! Lets make a killer list of other great ones too! 5 months 4 days ago #32650

  • PhillyCheeze
  • PhillyCheeze's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 205
  • Karma: 10
  • Thank you received: 349

bomalley wrote:

chip.jones205@gmail.com wrote: Hi
I've been a member of another kratom forum and have seen quite a few people say <strong>changing strains on a frequent basis really helps keep the effects at a high level</strong>. I have a hard time with that myself as when I get a really good product I don't want to change it until it's gone :)


That is what people say...BUT we have no real evidence that this is so.

I know I am a wet blanket on this issue, but rotating strains of coffee does nothing for preventing the dependence/tolerance on caffeine.

Rotating different types of opiates will still leave you tolerant of opiates. So even though people say to do this rotating, and suggest that it helps prevent tolerance, we have no real evidence to back it up.
IF you feed your opiate receptors with a chemical that binds there, you will develop tolerance as your body will just make more opiate receptors.

I use the strain that I need AT THAT MOMENT. Sometimes I need energy, mostly I need pain relief.

BUT I do not do any sort of formal rotation.

If you use Kratom regularly you will develop tolerance - end of story. That does not mean it stops working...just that you do not feel the effects as acutely.

I am just about ready to test bomalley's thoughts - from now on referred to as the "Wet Blanket Theory." :P

Reason being, I'm starting to realize that Greens are what I need most in my life....and I'm getting sick of having days where a White strain doesn't give me the mood lift I need along WITH the energy. The other thing I plan to start doing is more customized blending. I don't do it as much because I've been so anal about rotating. Time to bust through these theories/myths!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, CrayDumb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Unusually high quality kratom! Lets make a killer list of other great ones too! 5 months 4 days ago #32654

  • Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Somethingsacredgoinonhere's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 340
  • Karma: 20
  • Thank you received: 583
Im of the opinion that all that’s needed is a short break from a strain so as to get back to full or near full benefit from a strain, and I agree about the coffee/ opiate comparisons .. coffee is coffee.. opiates are opiates ... kratom is Kratom .... do any of those in there own separate categories and prolly doesn’t matter about rotation of variety’s ... they will out hit on those receptor in there specific category...

But some coffee is way better , some opiates way stronger ...

The same goes for Kratom !!!! Some is amazing, some is not !!..!!

Then again everyone has there own favorites and ones that work better for their individual biochemical individuality

Love this community

One more thought though.. if anyone has consumed ganja enough to know about tolerance of using one strain for a while, could be a very strong strain but after a while it just doesnt do what it used to, then you switch to a strain that previously wasn’t impressive and BAM!!! Hits like a bag of strong ass bricks !!!!

Maybe Kratom is like this also.. to a point ... any ways had this thought and felt it rang similarly and even more so on point ....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, PhillyCheeze

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Somethingsacredgoinonhere.

Unusually high quality kratom! Lets make a killer list of other great ones too! 4 months 4 weeks ago #32816

  • CrayDumb
  • CrayDumb's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Posts: 50
  • Karma: 5
  • Thank you received: 74

Somethingsacredgoinonhere wrote: I totally agree with the first post on this topic, dakine is the kind !! Honestly the green ketapang is a subtlety powerful and not so powerfully subtle... strong in helping great with anxiety/ depression and pain and overall good mood whist not having one negative side effects to report. Also I find pete to an awesone vendor/ human that cares tremendously about customer service and quality products, he charges and very reasonable price (I believe around $130-140 k) but because my budget is not great I opt for the cheaper vendors, if I could get all my kratom from Pete I would , hands down a great strain and vendor, I recommend giving him a shot .. just one of those vendors you want to support because quality is non-debatable and he’s got integrity where it counts , not just all about the money, he wants to help.. btw I’m not affiliated but truly believe hes worth looking into!!

can you please type out the full name of the websites that you are referring to? I can google "dakine kratom" and find out, but I have no idea who Pete is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Unusually high quality kratom! Lets make a killer list of other great ones too! 4 months 4 weeks ago #32817

  • CrayDumb
  • CrayDumb's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Posts: 50
  • Karma: 5
  • Thank you received: 74

Somethingsacredgoinonhere wrote: Im of the opinion that all that’s needed is a short break from a strain so as to get back to full or near full benefit from a strain, and I agree about the coffee/ opiate comparisons .. coffee is coffee.. opiates are opiates ... kratom is Kratom .... do any of those in there own separate categories and prolly doesn’t matter about rotation of variety’s ... they will out hit on those receptor in there specific category...

But some coffee is way better , some opiates way stronger ...

The same goes for Kratom !!!! Some is amazing, some is not !!..!!

Then again everyone has there own favorites and ones that work better for their individual biochemical individuality

Love this community

One more thought though.. if anyone has consumed ganja enough to know about tolerance of using one strain for a while, could be a very strong strain but after a while it just doesnt do what it used to, then you switch to a strain that previously wasn’t impressive and BAM!!! Hits like a bag of strong ass bricks !!!!

Maybe Kratom is like this also.. to a point ... any ways had this thought and felt it rang similarly and even more so on point ....

nice ganja comparison.

My theory has always been:
-kratom has 27+ alkaloids (not sure of number, but lets just say it has multiple alkaloids)
-all of these alkaloids exist in different ratios among strains
-you may be tolerant of a specific alkaloid that is high in one strain if you take it long enough, but you don't have as much of a tolerance to the other alkaloids that the strain had lower profiles of

I know Mitragyna Speciosa is the "main" active alkaloid and I'm not sure what the other alkaloids do, but I see it as a sort of dance between the different alkaloids which give you the imprint of that specific strain.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds

Forum Support

If you're interested in advertising on the site or having any trouble with any function of the forum, please drop us a line.

Contact Us